Welcome to SASHA
The aim of the historical society is to research preserve and make available archives, artefacts and information relating to Stockcross and the Surrounding Area and to encourage active interest and participation in our local history.
Next Meeting Date
Some of you may be aware that due to the COVID-19 Restrictions the Village Hall has introduced new T&C's for hire. This means that we cannot use the small hall alone, but we have to hire both halls at the same time, and we have to pay a hire fee as well as organising cleaning before and after, and maintaining social distancing. As a result we have decided that it would be difficult to hold meetings for the next few months and therefore we are aiming to hold our next meeting as the AGM on 25th January 2021. Of course in the meantime circumstances may change and we may be faced with more or less regulations, in which case we will let you know of any revised dates and arrangements.
We welcome new members who can join at the meeting.
Want to become a member but can't make the meeting?
Buy an annual subscription online via our Shop.
Our society was formed in September 2013 initially to research the lives of the 27 men on the Stockcross and Marsh Benham War Memorial Tablet. We were helped by the receipt of a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund "1st World War Then and now" programme which has resulted in a book exhibition and this website.
- Motor Emergencies 31st October 2019
- Boxford Mosaic 9th August 2019
- Visit to Kennet Valley at War Museum April 2019 5th May 2019
- Blog from the February 2019 SASHA meeting 28th February 2019
- Forgotten Newbury— Blog from Monday 29th October 1st November 2018
- Rock and Pop on British TV – July 2018 4th August 2018
- Blog of Avington Church visit 13th July 2018
- 22nd June 2018 26th June 2018
- Kennet Valley at War Blog April 2018 27th May 2018
- Blog from March meeting 28th March 2018
We welcome new members and guests, please visit the Membership page for more information.
You can purchase membership via our online shop.