Welcome to SASHA
The aim of the historical society is to research preserve and make available archives, artefacts and information relating to Stockcross and the Surrounding Area and to encourage active interest and participation in our local history.
WHAT'S NEW on our website?
Menu: RESEARCH : 1910 Domesday Survey : History of The Stockcross Working Men's Club: History of The Gables now Bayford House
Do have a look
Next Meeting Date
Wednesday 8th September 2pm at Sutton Hall. This is an Open Meeting where our archive photos and articles will be available to view. If you are interest and would like to find out more, please come along and join us for a cup of tea and a chat. There will be no charge.
Our society was formed in September 2013 initially to research the lives of the 27 men on the Stockcross and Marsh Benham War Memorial Tablet. We were helped by the receipt of a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund "1st World War Then and now" programme which has resulted in a book exhibition and this website.
- Motor Emergencies 31st October 2019
- Boxford Mosaic 9th August 2019
- Visit to Kennet Valley at War Museum April 2019 5th May 2019
- Blog from the February 2019 SASHA meeting 28th February 2019
- Forgotten Newbury— Blog from Monday 29th October 1st November 2018
- Rock and Pop on British TV – July 2018 4th August 2018
- Blog of Avington Church visit 13th July 2018
- 22nd June 2018 26th June 2018
- Kennet Valley at War Blog April 2018 27th May 2018
- Blog from March meeting 28th March 2018
We welcome new members and guests, please visit the Membership page for more information.
You can purchase membership via our online shop.
This page has the following sub pages.