The Gables Now Bayford House
A full description of the original building and grounds is contained in sale particulars of 1939.
Click for details. Sale particulars for The Gables at Stockcross 1906
Looking at local directories we can see that Mr & Mrs Percy Sharpe were living in the house from 1903-1906
The 1911 census shows Mr Edward Bressey, a retired jeweller from London, in residence. He and his family lived in the house until his death in 1936.
The Gables became Bayford House following its sale, we believe to Sir Richard Sutton's Settled Estates, in the late 1930s.
The house was then rented out to a series of private individuals as confirmed by either Kelly's Directories or the Electoral Registers.
1940 to 1947 Norman Bruce Ramsey
1948 to 1949 Unconfirmed
1950 to 1951 Col Albert N & Mrs Margaret Bankier: Norman & Mable Wild
1951 Also Evelyn Forrest-Forsysth
1954-1972 Capt Peter & the Hon Mary Weatherby
1974 Ian Jones
1975 - 1979 Unconfirmed
At this point the house was put up for sale and since then has been a nursing home.